- Using mats in front of outside doors helps to remove dirt from shoes before it is walked onto the carpet.
- Regular and thorough vacuum cleaning will help to keep carpets in a good condition.
- Periodic cleaning under beds and larger furniture helps to deter moths.
- Spot clean upholstery very cautiously as it is easy to make watermarks, particularly on cotton and linen fabrics.
- As with carpets, try to blot up any excess with kitchen towel or a cloth.
- A cloth well wrung out in a mild detergent can be used to wipe up sticky stains but be careful not to get the fabric damp.
- Do not use water on silk or cotton velvet.
- Only wash loose covers if the manufacturers instructions recommend it.
- Most upholstery will be damaged permanently if it gets wet.
- Try and get it professionally cleaned BEFORE it dries.
- We recommend vacuum cleaning curtains every 6 months, particularly the headings and any pelmets and swags to stop dust building up